"They laughed at me at the bus stop in front of The Academy..."

Want to design and produce a high quality video game with absolutely no technical knowledge about how to do it? No problem.

Follow along as one man teaches himself (almost) every aspect of video game design from scratch and eventually produces a playable 3d game demo.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting there...

I've got the RAM, and will probably have the monitor on Wednesday. I'm selling some things on Craigslist, and the buyer for the biggest cash item can buy it then.

The problem with the old monitor is that it has a cracked solder joint. That's the *only* problem.

I'm going to keep looking into it to determine if it's something I can fix without killing myself. I understand that opening a CRT monitor is not to be taken lightly, so I'm going to make sure there's a safe way. If so, I might opt to buy the supplies to fix it rather than simply buying an LCD monitor. I actually have a side project that the supplies would help with, so I'd love to be able to do that.

If I'm not 100% confident I can fix it myself, I'll just buy the new monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers