"They laughed at me at the bus stop in front of The Academy..."

Want to design and produce a high quality video game with absolutely no technical knowledge about how to do it? No problem.

Follow along as one man teaches himself (almost) every aspect of video game design from scratch and eventually produces a playable 3d game demo.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

And now a word on behalf of our sponsors....

Being a big mouth pays off.

My new monitor is on its way. It's technically not new, but it's big enough to let me get back to work.

Here's how it happened.

I had an internet altercation whereby I shot my mouth off on a forum without knowing the facts. This kind of thing happens about once a month. I tend to exhaust myself so the creativity flows more easily, but my judgment suffers as well. This can get me into trouble.

What doesn't happen often is that someone I sideswiped in my rant talked me down and behaved in a very professional way to resolve the initial issue. He was a bigger man than me. Even more- he read this blog and saw that I was out a monitor. He offered to send one of a good size to me for free. Hell of a guy. He even offered me work at his publishing company should I want it. His name is Ben Schultz.

We had a good conversation on the phone and it turns out we have a lot in common when it comes to our gaming philosophy. His company is called Erisian Entertainment. They produce tabletop RPG materials, and they're doing it for the love of games, like I am. They have a house game system (the d10 system) and a fantasy setting called The Lady's Rock. If you play pen and paper RPGs, you might want to check it out.

Thanks again to Ben Schultz of Erisian Entertainment. Within the next few updates, I'll have some more pictures to show you, thanks to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers