"They laughed at me at the bus stop in front of The Academy..."

Want to design and produce a high quality video game with absolutely no technical knowledge about how to do it? No problem.

Follow along as one man teaches himself (almost) every aspect of video game design from scratch and eventually produces a playable 3d game demo.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Deandra's 'Costume' complete for now.

Here she is in her clothing.

To get the folds in her dress, I selected the faces that followed the desired curve, extruded, moved, and scaled them, then smoothed the edges to make it look better.


From the back, in shadow and light...

Her hemline, and a bit of detail on the sandals. The second picture of the sandals is what I changed the texture to after I rendered most of these, so it's most accurate. The texture is meant to be dragonskin leather.



Two other views.

As you can see, I'm not a costume designer, but hopefully I get the idea across. I'm going to move on to the other pilot, but I'll be coming back to her to give her an armature for animation and posing, to do her weapons, and to give her a ring that will be featured in the story part of the game.

Though the dress was simple, it was good practice for what's coming. The other character has a much more intricate outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers