"They laughed at me at the bus stop in front of The Academy..."

Want to design and produce a high quality video game with absolutely no technical knowledge about how to do it? No problem.

Follow along as one man teaches himself (almost) every aspect of video game design from scratch and eventually produces a playable 3d game demo.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Time to redo the other ship...


My first attempt at the Ancient world ship was pretty basic, but I'd like to detail it a bit more. I'm only posting the above to show you the basic motif. The ship above was the first attempt. I'm going to go bit heavier on the bird motif- detailing feathers, facial features, and giving it talons. The fuselage which holds the crystal cockpit above will be mostly the same, but the talon motif that holds the cockpit will be a bit more obvious. Also, as you can see, the power crystals (which are meant to provide thrust and emit attacks) are a bit too transparent. The cockpit itself will probably get more interesting too.

Finally, the whole thing is a bit too clean. I don't want to go Battlestar Galactica with it, but the ship should look well kept but used. Maybe a light covering of space dust and a haze of scratches on the finish. It is fantasy, though, so it will likely look fairly meticulously maintained.

I think I want to start from scratch rather than change the mesh above. That will give me the chance to incorporate the polygon saving techniques I've learned to allow for more detail where it's needed without adding much where it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers